SOY GLAZED SALMON WITH SPICY SALSA
Hot plate liner | Spatula
SALMON & GLAZE
1kg salmon fillets
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup maple syrup
2 cloves garlic, finely grated
1 tbsp. grated ginger
2 lime leaves, finely chopped
1 lemon grass, the white part only finely chopped
1 small chilli finely diced
SPICY CAPSICUM SALSA
2 red capsicums
2 shallots, cut into ½ cm slices
1 large chilli, finely sliced
½ cup water chestnuts, roughly chopped
¼ cup coriander leaves
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. sugar
¼ tsp. sesame oil
- Preheat your BBQ on a high heat; roast the capsicum for 15-20 mins, making sure to turn every 5 minutes until skin blackens. Remove from heat and place in a bowl, cover with a plastic bag to sweat off the skin. Once cool, peel off the charred skin.
- Finely slice the peeled capsicum and mix in a bowl with shallots, chilli, water chestnuts, coriander leaves.
- To dress the salsa, use a small bowl to stir the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and sesame oil. Then toss through the salsa.
- For the salmon glaze, combine all ingredients and mix well. Brush the top fleshy side of your salmon with the soy glaze.
- Trim a hot plate liner to your BBQ hot plate and turn your BBQ on medium to high heat. On the hot plate, cook your salmon flesh side down, for 4 minutes. Then baste the top side (skin) with the glaze and flip to cook for a further 4-6 mins, or to your liking.
- To serve, lightly drizzle the salmon with the soy glaze and enjoy with a generous spoonful of spicy capsicum salsa on top.