SPICED BBQ APPLES & CRUMBLE
Hot plate liner | Spatula | Tongs
2 tbsp. butter, melted
¼ cup coconut sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. allspice
6 large green apples, peeled and cut into 8 pieces each
2 tbsp. double cream
75g butter, softened
½ cup plain flour
¾ cup almond meal
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup rolled oats
- For the spiced apples, place the melted butter in a large heat proof bowl or metal saucepan with sugar, cinnamon and allspice, mix well to combine. Add chopped apples and toss to coat evenly, set aside.
- For the crumble, place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a spoon or fingertips to combine.
- Trim a hot plate liner to your BBQ hot plate, and preheat to a low medium heat. In one even layer, place the apples on the liner to cook for 5-7 minutes until just tender, turning to avoid burning. Add the apples back into the same bowl with the excess sugar mixture and stir through the cream. Leave on the BBQ to stay warm.
- Wipe the hot plate liner clean and place the crumble in a thin layer on the liner. Lightly toast the crumble 5 minutes, or until lightly brown coloured.
- Serve apples warm in a small bowl, top with toasted crumble and a dollop of cream or ice cream.