GRILLED LAMB RUMP WITH SALSA
Tongs | Digital Thermometer
1 tbsp. chopped rosemary
1 tbsp. chopped thymes leaves
2 tbsp.n olive oil
a good pinch salt and pepper
4 x 300g lamb rump
1 red capsicum
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
½ cup parsley leaves
60g Persian feta
1 tbsp.olive oil
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. lemon juice
- For the dry rub, mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Pat lamb dry with paper towels and rub the herb mixture all over the lamb.
- Preheat the BBQ to high heat and char the capsicum 15-20 mins, turning every 5 minutes until skin blackens. Remove from BBQ and place in a bowl covered by a plastic bag to sweat off the skin. Once cool peel the charred skin off and slice into small chunks.
- Grill the asparagus and onion for 2-3 minutes until just tender and lightly charred. Cool the vegetables and chop roughly. Place into a bowl with the olives, parsley and feta cheese. Dress the salsa with olive oil, balsamic and lemon juice and toss through.
- With your BBQ on high heat, sear the lamb for 5 mins on each side. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes with the hood down.
Note: The ideal internal temperatures for lamb are 62ᵒC for medium rare, 65ᵒC for medium, 70ᵒC for medium well and 75ᵒC for well done.
- Once cooked to your liking, remove from heat and rest lamb for 8 to 10 minutes in a warm place.
- To serve, slice the lamb 2cm thick and serve with salsa. Garnish by sprinkling some herbs over the meat.