GRILLED TARRAGON AND BUTTER SPLIT CHICKEN
WITH A PANZANELLA SALAD
Grillman Flexi Multi-Basket
1.2kg butterflied whole chicken
3 cloves garlic, finely grated
2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon lemon zest
75g softened butter
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1×120g ciabatta roll
1 large red capsicum, cheeks removed
400g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
2 anchovies, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon capers, drained
½ cup mixed pitted olives
- Heat the BBQ to a medium-high heat (about 200°C).
- Place garlic, tarragon, lemon zest and butter in a bowl and mix until well combined. Dry the chicken skin by patting with some kitchen paper. Carefully separate the skin from the flesh on the chicken breast, and place butter under the skin pushing it to cover all the breast.
- Place the chicken into a Grillman Flexi Multi-Basket and place onto the hot grill (detach handle while cooking). Cook for 20 minutes on each side or until cooked and skin is golden.
- To prepare salad, place the capsicum on the grill and cook for 5 minutes each side until skin is charred, remove and roughly slice.
- Halve the ciabatta roll and drizzle with a little oil, place on a hot BBQ and cook for 2 to 3 minutes each until golden and toasted.
- Place capsicum in a bowl with tomatoes, basil, anchovies, capers, olives and bread.
- For dressing, place vinegar, olive oil, mustard and lemon juice in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and whisk. Dress salad just before serving together with chicken.