FILLET STEAK WITH CAFE DE PARIS BUTTER
AND CHARRED COS LETTUCE
BUTTER: 20 MINS +
2 HRS REFRIGERATION
Grillman Flip Tip Thermometer
4 x scotch fillet steaks
4 x baby cos lettuces, halved
CAFÉ DE PARIS BUTTER
Note: butter can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for
up to 3 months
1 ½ tablespoons of fresh parsley finely chopped
1 ½ tablespoons of fresh tarragon finely chopped
1 ½ tablespoons of fresh sage finely chopped
1 ½ tablespoons of fresh chives finely chopped
1 tablespoon of capers, drained and finely chopped
3 anchovies finely chopped
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons good red wine vinegar
125g softened salted butter
- Combine parsley, tarragon, sage, chives, capers, anchovies, lemon zest, garlic, Dijon, curry powder, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and red wine vinegar in a bowl and mix well. Add softened butter and beat well to mix all the ingredients evenly.
- Place a large piece of plastic cling wrap on a clean work surface, spoon the butter onto the wrap. Using the plastic wrap, roll into a log and twist ends to seal. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the butter is firm and ready to use.
- Bring steak to room temperature and then season well with salt, pepper and some oil. Preheat BBQ to high heat. Place steak onto grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side or to your liking. Use the Grillman Flip Tip Thermometer to check temperature while cooking. Remove from the grill and allow to rest.
- Lightly drizzle the cos lettuce halves in olive oil. Place cut side down on the grill and cook for 2 minutes, turn and grill the other side for further 2 minutes.
- Cut a 1cm slice of Café de Paris butter and serve on the hot steak with cos lettuce.