ANGUS RUMP ROAST
WITH RED WINE JUS
2 HRS 15 MINS
Grillman Enamel Roasting Tray | Grillman Bluetooth Thermometer
1.5 kg Angus Rump Roast
12 mini sweet potatoes, halved
1 tablespoon thyme leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 shallots, peeled and finely diced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 cup full bodied red wine
2 cups good beef stock
2 large sprigs rosemary
- Preheat BBQ to a high heat (200°C). Season beef generously with salt and pepper, place in a lightly greased Grillman Enamel Roasting Tray. Place tray on the BBQ on an indirect heat and cook for 1 ½ hours or until core temperature reaches 60°C for a medium rare result. Use a Grillman Bluetooth Thermometer to monitor temperature while cooking.
- Remove roast from the BBQ, drain the juices for the jus and rest the meat covered for at least 20 minutes.
- Toss sweet potatoes in 1 tablespoon of oil and thyme leaves and season well with salt and pepper. Place sweet potato on a medium BBQ grill plate and cook for 10-12 minutes each side or until tender.
- For the jus, place retained pan juices into a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook for 3 minutes until tender. Finally add red wine, stock and rosemary and cook for a further 20 – 25 minutes or until sauce reduces by half. Remove the rosemary and stir through the butter until it melts. Season jus with a little salt and pepper.
- Spoon jus over sliced beef and serve with sweet potatoes.